Thursday, June 09, 2011

Today

Do you ever get so stressed out and you are wound SO tight you that you will burst into tears at the slightest little thing?

I DO!

I have already burst into tears twice this morning since getting to work.

I love my new puppy dog, I do.  I knew it would be hard, I did.  I had no idea what sort of separation anxiety he would have and that it would BREAK my heart to leave him and hear him howling pitifully at my door when I have to go to work.

Why can't I be independently wealthy again?  What's that?  I need money to do that?   Right.  Back to square one.

And then....

Come home to find my room torn to shreds.

Deep breath.

It's only 'things'.

I learned from a trainer that the best thing to do was not yell at the dog, I mean, he just freaked the fuck out and tore up your room.

I have no carpet anymore by my bedroom door.  He tried to tunnel out.

A few of my books are in pieces and he ate my laundry basket.

He left all my clothes and shoes intact and didn't pee anywhere in my room, so...that's good!!!!

Any advice???

I'll take anything. 

Dear sweet Lord.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Don't give up! I know it's frustrating but hang in there.

My friend adopted a dog last month and wanted to send him back because he was peeing everywhere and ripping up her stuff and would only eat if she watched him while he ate (weird). But now, only a month later, he's less whacko. It takes time. I feel like all dogs are nuts at first. Don't give up!

If you need a dog owner friend to vent to, email me. Stay strong. It'll be worth it.

Unknown said...

Nicole, I would NEVER give him up. He is such a good dog. I think he only destroys things I don't really care about anyway. I mean, I have a security deposit in case I tear up the carpet, so it's less cute when I do it but it's hard to be mad at him when you lookattheFACE! He is so soft, too. And the EARS!

I already sound like crazy dog lady. And I am. A little bit (a lot)

Nicole said...

Okay. So glad you're not considering giving him up. I was worried.

He's probably just gonna be destructive for a little while. Sucks, but he's just so cute!

Maybe a dog walker or sitter in the daytime? Although I know I couldn't afford that crap so I don't know why I'm suggesting it to you.

Unknown said...

I can't really afford it either, stupid non-profit job! (just kidding...kinda)

He is going to 72 hour intensive one-on-one doggie training this weekend and I pick him back up on Sunday!

Maybe he'll stop chewing everything and learn his name?

We'll see!